Netgear EX6110 AC1200 WiFi extender offers internet speed in almost every corner of your home and also it offers fast WiFi performance delivering up to 1200 Mbps speed. Netgear EX6110 extender is compatible with almost all standard wifi routers. The Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender creates fastlane connection to your router or WiFi modem. The Netgear AC1200 WiFi extender utilizes 2.4GHz and 5 GHz both frequency bands to get connected with your existing wifi network.
There are two methods of Netgear EX6110 setup: one is connected directly with the WPS button and another one is with the Netgear installation assistant. In the WPS method there is no requirement to type the network name (SSID) and password and in the other method you have to launch an internet browser on your PC and access the mywifiext.net for the login page of Netgear EX6110 extender Setup
Netgear EX6110 Setup with WPS Method
For the installation of Netgear EX6110 extender using the Wireless protected setup(WPS) follow the steps shown below:
- Firstly you have to turn on your Netgear EX6110 extender
- Bring your Netgear EX6110 extender near to your home WiFi router for the setup only.
- Now plug your extender into the power outlet and wait for the power LED to ON.
- Press the WPS button on your Netgear EX6110 for setup.
- If the WPS is flashing green then the connection between your Netgear EX6110 and router is good and when the LED light is red or amber green then you have place your extender near to router and try again
- Now you have to press the WPS button on your router
- After 2-3 minutes WPS light of your extender turns to solid green
- Netgear EX6110 extender successfully connects, you can place it where you want to place it.
Netgear EX6110 Setup with Manual Method
For the installation of Netgear EX6110 extender using the Netgear installation assistant follow the steps shown below:
- Power on the netgear EX6110 and place your extender near to the router.
- now wait for the LED turns into a solid green of Netgear EX6110
- once the light is solid green connect your network with the NETGEAR-Ex6110 network
- after you connect with the network visit mywifiext.net on your device.
- Now you can see the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button
- click on the new extender setup button you can see the Netgear genie setup account.
- once you create the netgear genie account hit next.
- Now you have to select the Wifi range extender or access point.
- if you want to use WiFi range extender select the first option or if you want to use the access point then select the second option.
- Now follow the instructions to complete Netgear EX6110 setup.
- If you need any help regarding the setup you can visit mywifiext.net and get live chat support.
How to update Firmware of Netgear EX6110 Extender
Netgear also provides the security updates on a regular basis in order to increase the security or you want to increase the performance. so make it sure that the most recent security firmware patch is installed. For the recent updation of your Netgear firmware follow the steps shown below:
- Firstly you have to connect your laptop with the Netgear-ext.
- Go on the web browser and visit the mywifiext.net login setup page.
- Now you are on the login page enter your username and password.
- Once you are on the Netgear genie page click on the setting option.
- Now you can see the firmware update click on it.
- Click on the check button ,now you can see if there is any firmware update click on yes.
- Now the latest version is updated for your Netgear EX6110 EXtender